JOURNALIST, ART DIRECTOR AND PRODUCER
“The curiosity to discover other people.”
- 24 chasa – editor-in-charge of Culture section;
- Kontinent newspaper – editor-in-charge of Culture section,;
- Dnevnik – editor-in-charge of Culture and Society section
- LIK – editorial board;
- Edno magazine – special projects;
- МАХ magazine – editor-in-chief;
- Grazia magazine – consultant.
- bTV – creator and presenter of the TV series The Other Bulgariaa nd The Unknown, creative director of Before Noon, editor-in-charge: Music Idol
- NOVA – editor-in-charge – Big Brother, The Island of Temptation
- BNT1 – Casting – creator, producer, Artefacts (a programme about cultural events) – creator and presenter
- PRO.BG – Intermission – a programme about cultural events, Reserved for Men, Reserved for Women – producer
- Boredom – creator and presenter;
- RFI – Studio co-presenter, FM+
- VESTI.bg – columnist;
- Artforum – columnist
- screenwriter: 47 documentaries;
- director: 12 documentaries;
- 34 videos
- Novena Kokanova – Who Am I, 2008, Impulse Publishing House;
- Naum Shopov – A Private Conversation, 2010, CIELA
SCREENWRITER, DIRECTOR, EDITOR
“There are so many stories to tell!”
Co-screenwriter, director and montage editor of more than 20 documentaries, among which: Sylvie Vartan – Reflections, The File of the National Security Agency, Al Bano – The Road to Happiness, Encho Keryazov –And the Circus Goes On, Elevation 42 (award for best film in the Mountain Experience category of the 10 Tegernsee International Mountain Film Festival, Germany).
Director of TV programmes, among which: Casting (BNT); The Little Big Reading (BNT), The Golden Orpheus (BNT); The Unknown (bTV).
Director and montage editor of musical, advertising and campaign videos, such as: 50 years Bulgarian National Television (a series of 50 videos), Restaurant of the Year (a series of 17 videos), Hot Meal– a video for the Bulgarian Red Cross, From the Shore – music video (an Europe Day award, Milan, 2006)
Author of the experimental film Pieces (a project done as an artist-in-residence in LabFactory, Vienna, 2008) and the short feature film Nutmeg (screenplay award of the American for Bulgaria Foundation; festival nominations in Bulgaria and abroad)
DIRECTOR, SCREENWRITER, EDITOR
“The best way to tell a story”
Director, co-screenwriter and montage editor of over 10 documentaries for ShorCut, among which: Kusturica. A Balkan Hooligan (2012 Sofia Film Fest, FIPA 2013), Of People and Magicians, Hristo Mutafchiev: Diagnosis, a series featuring Marius Kurkinski – The Unusual Chudomir, Angel, Epic of the Forgotten, The Laughter of Elin Pelin.
Montage editor of Naum Shopov: A Private Conversation, Emil Dimitrov: One Life Only, The Secret that is Belucci and 45є Azaryan – BNT/Class Film 2009 (2009 Sofia Film Fest, 8th Muse 2009), the feature film Sound Hunters – Odavision 2013 (in post-production) and over 15 short feature films.
Producer, director, screenwriter and montage editor of the feature film Little Chronicle (graduation project, fist feature film – in post-production) and the short feature films In The Bright Light of Noon and Beyond All doubt on Earth.
Creator and director of music videos, such as Icarus and You Are Not For Me by Lily Ivanova.
Director and montage editor of the bTV programmes Before Noon, Let Them Talk (with Rosen Petrov) and Survivor (2nd and 3rd season) and of TV and Internet advertisements, among which Mokarabia – l’espresso italiano, 2010.
Director of the theatrical plays Little Farewell Rituals by Olya Stoyanova and A Minute of Perfection based on Chuck Palahniuk and Samuel Becket.
Aglika Karastoyanova-Delahaye was born in Sofia. She graduated the National Academy of Theatre and Film Art with major Cinema and TV directing. Her first documentary, Truly Yours, was bought by the Georges Pompidou Centre in Paris. In 1996, Aglika specialised Producing in France, where she resides to date. She directed advertisements, videos and breaking news reports for French televisions. Aglika has worked as a screenwriter and director for the series The Unknown from its very beginning. Some of her films are: The Hermit from Fazanovo, Celestial Wanderers, The Dance of Istanbul, Laetitia Casta and Her Island, The Master of Dance, Moulin Rouge – The Cabaret of Life, The Girls of Crazy Horse, The Lights of the Nude Cabaret, etc.
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, COORDINATOR
“The eagerness to learn every day.”
Education: Graduated with Bachelor ‘s Degree in major Culturology from Sofia University. To graduate with Master’s Degree from the Art and Contemporaneity programme from the same university.
Print media: as a freelance author: 24 chasa (Culture Department), MAX magazine.
- BNT1 – Without Luggage – screenwriter
- BNT1 – Casting – coordinator
- bTV – The Unknown – executive producer/coordinator
- bTV – Before Noon – reporter
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, COORDINATOR
“Never give up!”